• QUICK CONTACT

Our team are on hand to help you create the perfect itinerary for your students.

UK01444 810399

• ​Educational Tours » ​Ski Tours » ​Kuhtai, Austria

​Kuhtai, Austria

One lift pass combines two of the most beautiful Tyrolean resorts Kühtai and Hochoetz. Austria’s highest alpine village and one of its prettiest as featured in the Channel 4 Celebrity Challenge “The Jump”,

Quiet slopes, a reliable snow record and a short transfer from Innsbruck make Kühtai a great Austrian destination.

Located close to the centre of the Tyrolean capital Innsbruck, Kuhtai-Hochoetz Ski Resorts offer superb skiing for all standards. Situated in such an elevated position, these resorts enjoy a long ski season and maintain perfect conditions from the beginning of December until the end of April.

School ski groups can be assured of a memorable winter experience in this fabulous Austrian resort.

Resort facts

As Austria's highest ski village – in fact it is one of the Alps' highest resorts – the snow in Kühtai is as reliable as it can get.

For freestylers there are excellent facilities, with a big snowpark, a superpipe and skicross course dotted across the mountainside. Note too that your lift pass gives you access to the Hochoetz ski area a little further to the west.

• Ski Season: December – April

Resort height: 2020m (6626ft)

Highest Lift: 2520m

Average snowfall: 400 inches (1000cm)

• Ski area: 85 km piste

Lifts: 24

K-park freestyle area

• Beginner: 20km (blue)

Intermediate: 50km (red)

Advanced: (black)

Longest run: 7 miles 

Ski Information

The ski terrain is ideal for both intermediate and advanced skiers with great facilities for beginners.

For snowboarders there are more than 85kms of challenging slopes, speedy boarding courses, seven T-bar lifts, one double chairlift and two wind protected quad chairlifts, which makes Kuhtai a great choice for the snowboarders in your school ski group.

Sample Accommodation

• Hotel Neuwirt

Located in the heart of Axams, the Hotel Neuwirt has all the facilities required for the perfect school ski trip. Comfortable guestrooms sleep 2-3 students, with en-suite facilities, TV and telephone.

The Neuwirt is the perfect hotel for groups preferring an Austrian village atmosphere, within close proximity of shops and cafes. Breakfast and evening meals are taken in the on-site restaurant, whilst a hot lunch is taken on the slopes at the Hotel Olympia. Axamer Lizum ski resort is only a 10-minute shuttle ride away.

• Hotel Olympia

Situated in one of the most beautiful ski areas of the Tyrol, the Hotel Olympia offers fantastic doorstep skiing for all school ski groups skiing Axamer Lizum. This spacious 3-star hotel accommodates 4-6 students in each room, with en-suite facilities, TV and telephone. Other amenities include a bar, TV room, games room with an open fireplace, disco area and ample ski storage. All meals are taken in the hotel, including a hot lunch.

Feedback

“The hotel is wonderful, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a fabulous time.”

Mike P, Kuhtai, Austria

Interested in this tour?

• Contact Us 

You won’t find a sightseeing tour with Visions. We offer a fully immersive, hands-on, educational trip of a lifetime.

01444 810399UK

info@visionsineducation.co.uk

• Request a Callback?

If you would like one of our team to contact you and discuss how this tour can be tailored to your exact needs, please use this quick form.

Submit