• QUICK CONTACT

Our team are on hand to help you create the perfect itinerary for your students.

UK01444 810399

• ​Educational Tours » ​Ski Tours » ​Axamer Lizum, Austria

​Axamer Lizum, Austria

The ski resort is a firm favourite of our school ski groups located on what is known as ‘Tyrol’s sun terrace’. It has a reputation for fantastic snow conditions and an extensive ski season extending from early December to late April.

The ski area has recently expanded to take in the new lifts at Mutters – enabling school ski groups to access two fantastic resorts on one lift pass. With on-slope accommodation options at the foot of the slopes and an action-packed evening entertainment programme, school ski groups can be assured of a memorable winter experience in this fabulous Austrian resort.

Resort facts

Whatever your ability and preference, Axamer Lizum is a fabulous Austrian resort with something for everyone.

Axamer Lizum is a quiet ski resort, free from holiday crowds and short on lift queues, enabling school groups to make the most of the world-renowned ski school and Olympic ski area. With over 75 kms of skiable terrain or with the Mutters pass included over 120km of pisted slopes.

• Ski Season: December – April

Resort height: 3,879ft – 8,057ft

Vertical Drop: 4,178ft

Average snowfall: 400 inches (1000cm)

• Ski area: 75 km Axamer. 120km Axamer & Mutters Combo Pass

Lifts: 19 Axamer/8 Mutters

Trails: 34 Axamer/14 Mutters

• Beginner: 25%

Intermediate: 60%

Advanced: 15%

Longest run: 7 miles

Ski Information

Axamer Lizum offers excellent progression opportunities from the nursery slopes to wide open pistes for intermediates and challenging mogul fields for the more advanced. Our Ski School is run by Hugo Nindl the renowned Austrian Olympic skier who was 14 times Austrian champion and 2 times World champion.

• Included Activities

Disco

Games/Quiz Night

Karaoke

• Apres-Ski options

Swimming

Tobogganing

Ice Skating

Sample Accommodation

• Hotel Dollinger

The family-run ‘Dollinger’ is a traditional Austrian hotel within a 15-minute walk of central Innsbruck.

All guestrooms are cosily furnished, sleeping 2-3 students and equipped with en-suite facilities, TV, telephone and hair dryers.

Breakfast and evening meals are taken in-house, whilst a hot lunch is taken on the slopes at the Hotel Olympia.

Axamer Lizum ski resort is only a 25-minute shuttle ride away.

• Hotel Olympia

Situated in one of the most beautiful ski areas of the Tyrol, the Hotel Olympia offers fantastic doorstep skiing for all Visions groups skiing Axamer Lizum.

This spacious 3-star hotel accommodates 4-6 students in each room, with en-suite facilities, TV and telephone.

Other amenities include a bar, TV room, games room with an open fireplace, disco area and ample ski storage.

All meals are taken in the hotel, including a hot lunch.

Feedback

“I just wanted to let you know that we had a tremendous week in Innsbruck last week. It doesn’t seem real in a way, almost dream like!  Saying that, I couldn’t have dreamed a better week.  The organisation and support received from all quarters of the Vision team really did make all the difference and ensured that we had a happy and safe trip. The kids are over the moon and will be talking about this trip for years to come, as will we.”

Gavin W., Axamer Lizum Party Leader

Interested in this tour?

• Contact Us 

You won’t find a sightseeing tour with Visions. We offer a fully immersive, hands-on, educational trip of a lifetime.

01444 810399UK

info@visionsineducation.co.uk

• Request a Callback?

If you would like one of our team to contact you and discuss how this tour can be tailored to your exact needs, please use this quick form.

Submit